• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  The things we leave behind || Hod, family ||

Adria

I felt nothing at all, freedom of the fall

How long had it been?

Hod, her sire and for the longest time her hero, burst through the whitecaps of Ischia’s waters and came to shore looking every bit the age he should be. Ignorantly his daughter hadn’t thought much of her parents or their eventual steps towards death; they’d always been so youthful and robust when she’d been growing up here. But now the obvious couldn’t be ignored. Her father was certainly more white and less gray around the muzzle, and Nyxa seemed thicker as well as less energetic. Both had aged in her absence, and the clarity of that fact tugged sharply on her heart.

“Oh Pappa!” She sang in reply to his greeting, leaning in with eager hunger when he kissed her salty brow. Mwen rate ou, I missed you as well!” The seamare gushed, backing away to watch her mother melt into his speckled side. Their Patriarch and leader brought happiness with him wherever he went, and the three water girls seemed at ease now that his presence dominated their small sphere. Kesyon pappa,” His eldest daughter drawled, both accent and her native tongue sprouting up again in the comfort of her family, “where is Tyr?” Adria managed to ask, pale eyes glancing between Nyxa and Hod before Aquaria drew her attention away.

Trankil, trankil baby sis!! We’ll swim! I promise! Give me a sec, eh?” The elder Nereid teased gently, all smiles as she lowered her spotted face to level with that of her younger sister. She blew a rather strong gust of wind from her lungs, not enough to unsteady her sibling but certainly enough to dry the eyes, before turning back to mother and father.

What was this surprise Nyxa had hinted at, and where oh where was her little brother?

@[Hod] feel free to power play Nyxa, since she’s “here” but not being posted Wink Also, I’m using Haitian Creole from google translate to flesh out Adria’s vocab and character, if you were curious.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The things we leave behind || Hod, family || - by Adria - 12-08-2018, 01:37 PM