• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

some ancient call that I've answered before; birthing

there are wolves in my head and their howling
    there was a garden of evil in the palm of my hand

Health once more finds its way into her.

She feels it slowly expanding in her lungs—feels it beginning to spread through her and into the life that has begun to grow within her. She is not particularly maternal, does not fret over becoming a mother, but she is protective over her child, protective over the life of it blossoming into something fully formed. She does not know where Castile has ended up, has not tried to hunt him down after they had come together in the heat of the moment, but she knows that the time is coming now—the beginning of it flooding her. 

She does not fear it as some might. She does not worry for what the future will hold. She simply accepts this as the next chapter in life, the coming birth as natural as breathing. So it is not with any sort of worry that she lies down when the pains of birth hit her. It is with a calmness that surprises the animal within her, a calmness that stems from millennia of women before her experiencing the same pain.

It washes over and through her and she does not fight it.

She rides through each wave, feeling it rise up her spine, the contractions digging into her. The hours pass around her and she does not notice them. The hours pass and she focuses on the task at hand, grunting and growling low in her throat. She can feel the build of it, the ending of it coming, and she leans into it, giving it all of her strength. When the final push arrives, she roars—the sound echoing around her—and it is the sound of the tiger that rips from her as she finally pushes her dragon girl into the world. 

The girl is pale and golden with a surprising shock of blue around her face and Sochi feels something that surprises her: a warmth that spreads low in her belly. She rises to her feet and begins to clean the child, washing her and urging her to her feet. “Reia,” she breathes the name into the child’s forelock, wondering if her mother felt the same protective love when she first looked upon Sochi. “My little Reia.”

now I'm broken and bleeding, I’ll never find my way

S
    OCHI
    stranger in this land

@[Aeris]

i wasn't sure if you'd want castile to find them or not! <3
    [Image: sochi.png]

I was less than graceful, I was not kind
    be out watching other lovers lose their spine

Messages In This Thread
    some ancient call that I've answered before; birthing - by sochi - 11-24-2018, 02:09 AM