• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

some ancient call that I've answered before; birthing

there are wolves in my head and their howling
    there was a garden of evil in the palm of my hand

She does not fear whatever monster lies beneath his skin.

Instead, in her own way, she hungers for it. Her silver eyes study him intently, noting the harsh angles that draw him up, the hard muscle that lies beneath his coat, the confidence that he wears despite all of his own questioning. “She will be a force to be reckoned with,” Sochi breathes, glancing down and smiling at their daughter, feeling a rush of pride as it flows through her. Their daughter will not be prey. She will not bend the knee or look down. She will be a huntress, a predator—and she will apologize for nothing.

At his next confession, she just nods, a corner of her lip barely quirking. “I hunted alone for a long time. I was afraid to let anyone see me like that. To see me when I lost myself to the hunt.” Because that is what happens. She loses control over her more learned behaviors and becomes entirely predator. She hungers and feeds and feels nothing but the desire for more, the blood staining the cream of her fur. “But I no longer feel the need to hide.” She tilts her head to the side. “Hunting alone is powerful, but hunting with a partner,” her voice fades slightly. “It makes all of the difference—to have someone at your side.”

To have someone who understands, who feels the same way.

Part of her leans forward and were it not for the child at her feet, she would close the distance between them, just to feel the heat of him beneath her mouth again, to remind herself of it. Instead she glances down, doing her best to control the flare-ups of emotion and need that lick up the sides of her belly.

“She will learn quickly,” she asserts before flicking her silver eyes up.

“I have never hunted as a pack with three before.”

now I'm broken and bleeding, I’ll never find my way

S
    OCHI
    stranger in this land

@[Castile]
    [Image: sochi.png]

I was less than graceful, I was not kind
    be out watching other lovers lose their spine

Messages In This Thread
    RE: some ancient call that I've answered before; birthing - by sochi - 12-15-2018, 07:31 PM