• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  you are an animal with an animal's desires; any

desire consumes me like a fire consumes me

He can almost feel her—there, existing, on the peripheral of his vision.

He can almost feel her as she watches him with calm eyes, pressing onto the edges of his consciousness although she says nothing. He sees a slash of onyx and ivory as he runs through the trees and when he stops, head tossing, he twists his head back, watching as she emerges from the shadows. Once, he may have apologized for disturbing her. May have felt guilt for the disturbance as he ran, but such days are gone, and he just regards her with his own feral eyes, something growling in the pit of his belly.

“Hello,” his voice is husky, roughened and whisky-dark, remembering her from their brief encounter in his home. He begins to walk toward her, his motions slick and easy, the step of a stallion wholly assured of his own strength, regardless of the lack of magical power to bolster it. “Not many choose to walk into the unknown these days,” he tilts his head, a corner of his lacerated mouth tilting upward.

“So much fear and uncertainty about what lies outside of the safe lands.” He can feel it now, simmering beneath the surface, the danger of it a whisper on the wind, a promise of things to come. “You are either immune,” his gold-flecked eyes search her face, “foolish, or brave.” He lingers on it, his face a little wild and a little unreadable in the shifting of the moon’s milky light as it washes his crushed gold hide.

“Tell me, which one are you tonight?”

good shouldn’t need to tempt us above

@[Kota] i'm so glad you did! <3
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you are an animal with an animal's desires; any - by magnus - 11-29-2018, 12:34 AM