• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  you are an animal with an animal's desires; any

desire consumes me like a fire consumes me

She has the spice of another world, another life, and he finds himself intrigued by the calm flow of her words, the way she does not react at all to his somewhat prodding words. His gold-flecked eyes darken and then spark with pleasure at her reaction, his crooked smile warming as he nods.

“I have a feeling that language truly fails you.” He laughs, low and deep, the husky sound natural as a muscle jumps in his jaw. “Perhaps I’d prefer you tell me what you think I am.” Humor weaves in and out of his gaze, the tangled locks of his onyx forelock slipping from his broad forehead to rest near his cheek.

“It’s been a long time since I’ve heard the honest appraisal of a near-stranger.”

Not quite a stranger—after all, the two have brushed across each other’s paths before in the name of diplomacy—but still separate enough. She does not know, he would believe, of the lives he has lived and the sins tattooed upon his very flesh. The wars he has done his part in starting, the murders committed by the hands so many believe to be wholly good. Such thoughts, murky and no longer stained with the weight of regret, darken his smile, make his eyes nearly unreadable as he watches, letting silence stretch.

good shouldn’t need to tempt us above

@[kota]
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you are an animal with an animal's desires; any - by magnus - 12-04-2018, 12:55 AM