• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The Secret Side of Me|Dov, twins
    He'd been wracked with fever. Lost track of the time, and how many days it'd been since Rhonen's seal had broken. Loosed whatever this was that he, and so many others, now suffered. He wished he could say he hadn't asked for it. It was his fault, no one else's. It'd been said before that he would lose everything, and his fear began to grow everyday without them that it might be true.

The beast in his head roars in the dark of its cage, and it becomes less and less certain whether it urges him on or perhaps grows stronger as Zoryn weakens, ever hopeful of its release. Nevertheless, he walks on. Because he must. Because he needs. His lungs are harsh with each breath dragged through them. Sometimes he coughs, and it feels like fire in his throat, like he might expel his very insides. His blood boils in his veins, heating the surface of his skin, drawing constant beads of sweat in vain attempts to cool him. He is restless, having long given up on trying to sleep. No amount of rest made this any better, only rode him with nightmares. Each time he awoke, he felt worse, his mind in less control. Maybe there was no hope for him.

There is only one thing he hopes for anymore. That he might find his precious baby girls. Ensure their safety and that they weren't suffering alone in all this. It was all he cares to ask for. And their mother as well. His sister, Dizzy. His heart aches at the thought of her. Rattles in its chamber. He'd given her everything and it wasn't enough. But it wasn't her fault. Only he could be to blame. He who had been blind. He'd thought being away from her for a time would do him good, but it'd only widened the void in his chest. Made him find other ways to fill it. With another woman. With Dovev, the bastard. The only man he could ever say was like an addiction. He needed the bone-man in ways he didn't dare voice. But right now, he needs his girls and his sister the most. Needs to know they're safe.

@[Dovev] , @[Dizorien] , @[Zynistra]

Messages In This Thread
    The Secret Side of Me|Dov, twins - by Zoryn - 11-25-2018, 07:04 PM
    RE: The Secret Side of Me|Dov, twins - by Dovev - 11-25-2018, 09:13 PM
    RE: The Secret Side of Me|Dov, twins - by Zoryn - 12-10-2018, 12:00 AM