• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Say You'll Never Let Me Go -[Warlight]
    Warlight

The weight of his gaze is not lost on her. The loaded question she sees hiding behind his posturing suddenly makes sense as his anger towards Raul escalates. 

My treasure is already here.

His words, from the night of her party, come back to her - words she had believed to be meaningless banter.  It wasn't a joke though, he wasn't just playing around like they always did, and she suddenly realizes what an idiot she has been to not see it sooner.

Raul is the one to widen the space between them, and she passes him a quick, thankful glance before her gaze settles on the green pointed stallion. Will releases the tension of her teeth clenching together, her jaw relaxing, but her charcoal tipped ears never leaving the dense mat of her mane. What had been meant as a brief pause stretches uncomfortably long, as the responses her mind provides feel wrong.  

We killed a man together, us and 20 of strangers. A fucked up communal murder, that's where we met. 

"Pangea," she says instead, let him put the pieces together if he wanted to. Now was not the time for storytelling, and it was a story she wouldn't be able to tell for a long while yet, even in the most intimate of settings. 

But a bout of coughing from the bone-colored stallion interrupts whatever would have come next. Eyes wide, Hyaline's Princess watches helplessly as he fights the congealed blood, wondering what she should do. But her concern doesn't have time to turn into panic before he expels the mass, calmly lifting his head and speaks.

"Raul?" she repeats, finally placing a name on her companion. There is so much she want's to ask him, and she restrains herself from wiping the blood off his mouth as her feverish eyes return to Clayton.

"We're sick, Clay," she explains, her voice rough as she feels the fatigue building again. "And I need a place to rest for a little bit." She shakes her head, as if someway that will help. It was a hard thing to admit to her childhood friend who had only know her as a girl full of strength and energy.  "I got so scared when Hyaline seemed empty," she continues quickly "but i'm glad to see you, is everyone here?" 

— soul as sweet as blood red jam —

[Image: Warlightpageddoll1.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Say You'll Never Let Me Go -[Warlight] - by Warlight - 12-11-2018, 04:19 PM