• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

we’re reeling through the midnight streets (any)

desire consumes me like a fire consumes me

In a lot of ways, this has been a long time coming.

This shedding of guilt, of weight, of everything that has so long held him down. It is a freeing feeling but also an unsettling one should he think on it too long—this buoyancy he feels, the freedom in letting go. It makes him quicker, sharper, but it doesn't change him fundamentally. He still spends his time patrolling his home. He still makes the now significantly longer trek to the field. He still upholds the duties that he has been trained for so long to uphold. He just doesn’t also bring the anchor of his regrets with him.

Today, he shortens his trip to the field, tearing out of Tephra first thing in the morning, dirt flying as his powerful haunches send him flying forward. He drives forward at an ever increasing speed, sweat darkening the gold of his coat and something like joy sharpening his eyes. He only pauses when it is absolutely necessary, when his breath comes in deep wheezes, his lungs protesting and muscles burning.

And even then, the pauses are brief.

It doesn’t take him terribly long to arrive in the field and even less time to see her, her coloring popping. A roguish smile tilts his lips upward as he makes his way toward her, breathing becoming more even although the run remains clear in the darkened colors of his body. “Hello there,” his whiskey voice is smooth and he dips his head in greeting, eyes sharpening on the anxious lines of her body.

“My name is Magnus.” He pauses, contemplating. “What brings you to the field today?”

good shouldn’t need to tempt us above

[Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: we’re reeling through the midnight streets (any) - by magnus - 11-28-2018, 11:44 PM