• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  One foot toward the gallows || Diplomats, Any ||
    Lilitha

I watch the city burn, these dreams like ashes float away...

Lilitha raised a brow to look at the stallion who made his way into the entrance of the little cave where they’d taken shelter. “Well. You didn’t exactly ask for an introduction, did you?” she asked with a hint of humor to her voice. “Lilitha. And this is Singe.” She let a cozy little fire trail gently down her legs and pool into a glowing warmth that flickered beside her and her daughter, illuminating the cave with inviting light and letting her get a better look at their visitor. “You’ve chosen an odd time to come calling, Wolfbane. But I’m happy enough to talk if you like.”

She lipped at Singe’s scruffy baby mane, and the filly eyed the stranger warily and stayed tucked tight to her side, bat wings wrapped around her little body for comfort. “Nerine has come and gone, and wished us well in our endeavors. A gentleman named Leilan visited already, though to be honest I’m surprised people are out making diplomatic overtures while plague still rages. Good for you, I guess. Where are you from, then?”

Half an introduction was certainly better than no introduction, after all, but she had no earthly idea where he was from unless and until he told her. She hadn’t so much as left the forest he’d come to see in the last five years, so she was hardly up to date on the leaders of different lands. No reason to know his name. “Nerine seemed primarily interested in making sure Taiga wasn’t planning on coming after them or challenging them for the position of kingdom of the North. Since we have no interest in such things, I think they were content to leave us in peace.”

Hopefully his land would be content to do the same.

...your voice I never heard, only silence.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: One foot toward the gallows || Diplomats, Any || - by Lilitha - 12-10-2018, 06:22 PM