• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

everyone I know goes away in the end, Skellig - birthing
    "Well, she does have my perfect skin tone," he admits, and for a moment he feels like a boy king again, grinning cheekily at the girl who arrived in his kingdom. "But it's also... something more than that too..." his smile falls as he trails off, and he wants to say "she gives me hope" but he doesn't-- because when he looks in Evenstar's eyes anything seems possible... but he's looking at his lover now and hope feels like it is very far away.

(The porcelain queen is good at living with sin. It slowly drips down her perfect white neck, waiting to be licked away. Skellig was too, once. He wonders if he could bring himself to do it again. He wonders if he needs to.)

If he was angry, it would probably be easier for both of them. He thinks that maybe what Ryatah wants, even if she doesn't know it, is an explosion. How easily he could give that to her. Rage and violence and pain... he has not known these things for years, yet they are not easily forgotten. But he doesn't want to explode. It would feel too much like forgiveness.

By embracing the knife she digs into her heart, by pulling it deeper into his chest-- maybe that is the cruelest punishment for her.

"I love you," she says, and it sounds less like a statement and more like a plead. The words sit there heavily between them (he is weighing them, those three words, against the last time he heard them. He is wondering what's different, if anything at all) and at first he doesn't say a word but he leans deeper into her. He can feel her ragged breath heaving through her chest, he can smell her sickness, and her betrayal. She is weak and wretched and he is still ravenous for her, despite it all. "I know," he murmurs into her ear. "I love you too."

Love truly is madness.

<3 should we end this thread here or soonish and start another soon? Or we can continue this one, totally up to you! also can we please have a thread with skellig and max <33

Messages In This Thread
    RE: everyone I know goes away in the end, Skellig - birthing - by Skellig - 01-05-2019, 12:17 AM