• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Anyone, birthing;
    Deep down all you want is love
    The pure kind we all dream of

”Always,” she reassures with a low, murmuring whisper that’s almost lost on the wind. Shiya smiles to the boy as he nestles against her, his scales bringing her solace and joy. This is what she wanted – a family – but the dream was torn apart before it truly came to fruition. With the change of seasons everything life was guiding her toward crumbled in her hands. Vulgaris had been so close, so enraptured that it even led her to believe how beautiful their family would be together. She desperately hoped that all else would be discarded once their union was solidified and concrete. Despair’s conception was beautiful and it was passionate. She and Vulgaris succumbed to what they believed was destiny, and for a fleeting time, Shiya felt like their mother – happy, excited, loved.

But what a foolish girl she is. Just like she told Vulgaris, no one wants monsters like them.
    They aren’t meant for true and forever love.
    Shiya will never be like Dillan.

Tears well in her eyes, trembling as she looks out toward the surrounding trees until she composes herself to look down again. They almost fell down her cheeks, but she cannot possibly let her boy see her sorrow. And so she forces herself to smile again as she reaches down to touch him, missing his body’s warmth even for the few seconds she spent looking away. ”We will find a home, a safe place to go.” Where, Shiya doesn’t know. Nothing is safe here anymore. She doesn’t have an obligation to any one place or one person, not anymore. The Brilliant Pampas is not an option.

Without notice, Shiya doesn’t mention his father, that he even has one. ”Just you and me, little one,” affirmation that the boy is hers, only hers.

A tender kiss is placed on his forehead before she (unwillingly) retracts from his scaling skin. ”Where would you like to go, my darling? Would you like to explore? Or perhaps meet other children?” Away from this public area, she thinks, and farther away from where Vulgaris frequents.

SHIYA

But we cannot escape the past,
    so you and I will never last

original html by Jassal

@[despair] @[Jassal]

Totally made a mistake, I think. When I edited the last post to get the html, I guess I got sidetracked then thought I was in the reply box, not the edit... sooo last post is gone and replaced with this one twice over. Woops lol

Messages In This Thread
    Anyone, birthing; - by Shiya - 11-29-2018, 10:34 AM
    RE: Anyone, birthing; - by despair - 12-03-2018, 12:24 PM
    RE: Anyone, birthing; - by Shiya - 12-10-2018, 06:06 PM
    RE: Anyone, birthing; - by despair - 12-10-2018, 06:54 PM
    RE: Anyone, birthing; - by Shiya - 12-17-2018, 01:15 PM