• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

call me the world's sexiest killing machine; kharon
    kharon

oh baby, I have not been kind

He'd let Kylin know too, and she was already searching. They were frantic with Mom's disappearance. That stupid saying kept repeating in his mind. You know the one. You don't really know what you have until it's gone. Mom had always been there, quiet and keeping to herself or settled at Reilly's side.

And now suddenly she wasn't.

His eyes were tight as he walked quickly at Dad's side. He wasn't even sure why he was bothering because he could already hear that she wasn't here, wasn't anywhere near. He was completely, silently freaking out that he hadn't heard anything before she was just.. just gone. He hadn't heard anyone thinking of hurting her, hadn't heard her thinking of leaving.

She was just gone. Vanished.
    A magician maybe? Someone that could block his telepathy.

Mom, he finally said, his voice surprisingly solemn despite the fear and worry and panic piercing through his every muscle. Mom is gone. I can't hear her. Could she have died?? I never heard anything. She wasn't thinking about leaving. I didn't catch any stray thoughts of anyone planning to take her or anything.

She was just.. Just gone.

He stopped abruptly and looked at Dad, his eyes brimming with tears and his voice strained.
    Dad, where could she be? Is she... Is she dead? Is that why I can't hear her? His legs started trembling and his voice broke. He didn't know what the fuck they were going to do if that was the case. He couldn't even handle thinking about it. Mom had always been there; mostly unnoticed, but always there.

I wish I could scrape away the dirt that's on my mind

Quotes are speech. Italics are telepathy

Messages In This Thread
    RE: call me the world's sexiest killing machine; kharon - by Kharon - 12-02-2018, 12:38 PM