• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  cold summers

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    One day forth, back in the same day.

The strategy didn't quite hold up for faraway lands like the newly-made Brilliant Pampas, or perhaps Ischia, but then at least he could do the back-travelling at night. He couldn't stay away from the Isle for too long, yet. Too bad, but that was just being the case when a bunch of horses barged in at nighttimes, tried to be totally avoiding half of Nerine, then claimed it. What else were they up to? If anything happened and he wasn't back in time, that would be problematic.

But his lack of word from the two colts was also disturbing. So, wingless as he was, he'd just have to make do. One morning he rose early, quickly checked if the southern half of the island was still fake-peaceful, and just trotted all the way south and swam the long swim across.

The meadow, first.

Thorgal might not be the showy type, but Roseen had once positioned herself in the Field, and she liked the long summer days to graze in peace. So who knew, perhaps she was around. Ophanim might also be found here - not if he was with Jenova, she was more elusive, evasive, rather in the forest he thinks. But Ophanim wasn't shy. Why did his children take after him so much? Did they have to get mostly bad sides of him?

The only spot of blue in the meadow today however, isn't attached to a winged bay roan yearling's mane. Much richer in colour is Ivar's hide, and with splotches of white rimmed with gold at that. Well, well. Isn't that interesting. Isn't that the scumbag that marked his daughter. The one he'd warned before that he can't possibly have all the girls in the world.

The grey figure he is talking to is also shockingly familiar. Light green shows through still even if patches of fur seem to detach; the infected girl takes after her parents. Quite a lot, even, since it seems she talks to a golden-haired yearling. Isn't that funny. He should tell her the story one day.

Tempting, way too tempting, this gathering. So he wriggles himself into the conversation with the same ease he'd done it three years earlier - ah, with Ivar present then, too. The kelpie hadn't changed a bit. Leilan had changed instead; numerous times even. Scaled and pointy-toothed now, adorned with ice, and less notably, the colour-changing eyes. Magic was fickle, even that of a fairy. Though perhaps most his change was more inwardly, no longer as carefree. "Ah, so that's the fishy smell. Ivar recruiting young women to his harem." He scoffs as he looks the girls over. "Younger each time I meet you, it looks like. Or when when I don't see you, and you go behind my back." His facial expression darkens a little, giving the man he now knows to be a kelpie a dark-grey, near-black glare before turning his attention to the oldest of two still very young girls. No wonder Deiti had been googly-eyeing him back then; birds of a feather and all that. Now it seems he was trying to snatch his daughter away*. Still, the green-ish girl gets the rest of his words, in a more neutral tone and with the usual blue adorning his eyes once more. "I heard your father passed, so, condolences... Or congratulations, with a promotion perhaps." He shrugs, then frowns a little. "I do not think your mother is handling it well, though. Or maybe it's just Sylva itself." he shakes his head, as if the memory of seeing Rey on the Isle had bothered him - but now he lets it slide off his shoulders. It's out there; up to her if she wants to do anything with it. Looking from one horse to another, he can't help but notice the lean, muscled figure the roan girl has - as a yearling, she still has that lankiness about her, and perhaps not even full height, but she's definitely been training. A LOT. He wonders why, but something about her is familiar enough that he hesitates to ask her anything at all. So instead of opening his mouth, he just looks at her a moment like he wants to ask something, and then lets his gaze drift back to the kelpie stallion.

If he knew Castile saw him as a brother, perhaps there might have been another way of confronting the predator, but now, he just wants him gone from his family. Have Ischia, fine. Lure all Leilan's baby girls there, nope. That's one big bone to pick with the sapphire figure. (And that even without knowing about Breckin.)

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

*Meaning Chryseis (:
    @[naia] @[Mary] @[Ivar]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    cold summers - by naia - 12-01-2018, 08:47 PM
    RE: cold summers - by Mary - 12-02-2018, 09:03 PM
    RE: cold summers - by naia - 12-07-2018, 01:21 AM
    RE: cold summers - by Mary - 12-08-2018, 09:09 PM
    RE: cold summers - by Ivar - 12-10-2018, 07:57 AM
    RE: cold summers - by Leilan - 12-12-2018, 07:56 AM
    RE: cold summers - by naia - 12-15-2018, 12:16 AM
    RE: cold summers - by Mary - 12-19-2018, 07:05 AM
    RE: cold summers - by Ivar - 12-19-2018, 08:42 AM
    RE: cold summers - by Leilan - 12-23-2018, 07:16 AM