• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  cold summers

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    Thalassa... Thalassa had been the one convinced she was doing him a favour and would help him heal. Perhaps his lack of being healed had convinced her that he would only be damaged more if he knew he’d sired a child by her. Indeed, it would have been another drop to an already spilling bucket, but in the end it wouldn’t have mattered because it was Roseen who’d wholly kicked that bucket over.

But it was the only reason he could think of why she wouldn’t tell him. A very bad reason indeed. But not one they could change at the moment.

Right now, the scaled roan can only stare at the girl claiming to be his daughter. Her roan coat and gold mane, are clear indicators that such could be true. Does he want another daughter? Chryseis seemed to only hate him recently, for protecting her against herself (which she didn’t recognize as such). How about this one then, should he get involved at all? She looks tough - ah, but that’s the breaking point then.

She looks tough, and so she looks like him. This can’t be easy for her. She’s lashing out as a form of protecting herself; something he has done himself a million times before and probably will some more times, still. She stares, almost violently so, but then something seems to break, somewhere. He’s not sure if it’s her or him. Maybe both. But she speaks her name, even if very tensed. He takes that in, then smiles a bit. It sounds lovely, like the sea. Like her mother.

The girl explains a tiny bit more though. The stallion’s eye colour returns, though slightly more blue than the ice blue he started out with, but she’d have to be keen to notice it (the contrast to the shock-white might be too much to see where it differs from what was before). Besides, she seems lost in her own thoughts.

Never spoke ill of you, if that’s what you’re worked up about.

He’s quick to shake his head. No, that’s not it, not entirely. ”I’m surprised... I wonder why she never told me.” Disappointed was the real, proper word here, not surprised, but honestly that was something he’d have to discuss with Thal if he ever met her again. If.

Naia stares at the ground, and he carefully avoids chewing on his lip because the latter is rather painful with pointy teeth like he had. He feels a need to explain, or just the bit that he knows. It still isn’t much. ”We had a, what’sitcalled. One night fling, I suppose...” Maybe she was embarrassed. He shakes his head. Doesn’t matter. ”What’s done is done. I’m not... angry? if that’s what you think?” Not with her mother, and certainly not with her. Still she looks almost apologetic.

Concerned now, he looks her over. Everything about her seems to scream how afraid, ashamed, angry, and... lost, yes, definitely lost, she is. To him, at least. Knowing the kind of angry mask he usually puts up himself, that’s something he can see through.

He starts to reach out to her, stops, wondering. She might scare away or react offendedly. He doesn’t know her well enough for any kind of physical touch. ”I wasn’t lying when I said I wasn’t going to recruit, but no-one would turn you away either.” A rather weak attempt at asking if she wants to visit, he supposes.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[naia]
    I think her color changed (?) but I’m gonna assume it’s after this thread because I have no way to make him possibly recognize her otherwise, and also because she earlier got mentioned as chestnut roan already
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    cold summers - by naia - 12-01-2018, 08:47 PM
    RE: cold summers - by Mary - 12-02-2018, 09:03 PM
    RE: cold summers - by naia - 12-07-2018, 01:21 AM
    RE: cold summers - by Mary - 12-08-2018, 09:09 PM
    RE: cold summers - by Ivar - 12-10-2018, 07:57 AM
    RE: cold summers - by Leilan - 12-12-2018, 07:56 AM
    RE: cold summers - by naia - 12-15-2018, 12:16 AM
    RE: cold summers - by Mary - 12-19-2018, 07:05 AM
    RE: cold summers - by Ivar - 12-19-2018, 08:42 AM
    RE: cold summers - by Leilan - 12-23-2018, 07:16 AM