• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the river coursing through us is dirty and deep

Magnus has always been a sucker for a sharp-tongued woman.

Perhaps it was his childhood home of the Amazons or his fierce Queen of a mother. Perhaps it was his sisters, both blood and kingdom, or the warrior women of his soldier days or his friends as quick to cut you down with their tongue as their brawn. Regardless, he has always had a soft spot for them; in many ways, he is the best version of himself in their presence. He is humbled and cunning and far more interesting than he could ever claim to be when not drawing on their unique brand of energy.

Regardless, he glows in the warmth of her humor, her friendship, and her mere presence. So much so that he nearly forgets about the cat on her back that jumps the space to end up on his back. Magnus snorts a little in response, spooked by the sudden weight on his spine, but he settles quickly, one ear flicking back to the cat that stretches out atop of him. His grin grows lopsided as he slides his gold-flecked gaze in her direction. “Just a good hundred pounds or so heavier and I’d think you had my dad spying on me.”

He chuckles a little, ignoring the pang he feels whenever he imagines his parents. He never had the most loving relationship with his panther father but it was difficult to not mourn him.

But he is able to shake off the feeling, compartmentalizing it for another time, and focusing his attention on the mare by his side. “It is mostly the steam and the lava and the scent of sulphur.” A flash of white against the dark of his muzzle. “But we also have some beautiful beaches if you’d like to see them.”

He takes a dancing step to the side, motioning her forward.

“Fancy a run?”

MAGNUS | I don't belong to anyone, but everybody knows my name

@[North]
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the river coursing through us is dirty and deep - by magnus - 03-06-2019, 12:37 AM