• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  like the dawn, you broke the dark - valdis

A weighted pause is broken by words every mother awaits with fear, and it is then that Solace knows, truly knows, that Valdis is no longer hers to keep. 

"There was this guy..."

A brow rises as she tames her critical interest, presenting instead something closer to playful curiosity. "... and he asked you to follow him to Sylvia," she concludes, her tone cool yet interested. She should have known that the excitement an admirer brought would be more than enough to lull the princess (all of her children were full-blooded royalty) away from The East. 

While her younger children had grown up amid a throng of fillies and colts, the older two had been isolated by their age. Often time's Svedka had been the closest thing they had to a peer. 

Solace realizes how little she knows of that quiet kingdom, how inwardly focused her gaze has been these last few years. But she only nods when Valdes states her intentions (no, she doesn't ask; she doesn't hint) but it is just another little defiance which soothes Solace into believing the girl can take care of herself. But the distance growing between her two firstborn hadn't slipped past her, but hearing it said allowed is still painful. "All relationships ebb and flow," the mother suggests softly, "give him time, he is someone you don't want to lose." But she leaves it at that, her own twin's absence a tender abscess on her heart. 

Valdis proves just how well she knows Solace with her next words; the gold-splashed mare believes the lie she crafts for her mother's benefit easily. Somewhat appeases, Solace sighs. Although the situation was less than ideal this was the natural order of things and she isn't sure she would stop it even if she could. 

"Well, as much as I would like to keep you a hostage in Silver Cove forever," she begins, finding it easier to take on a teasing tone now that she is resigned to this outcome, "I want the best for you and I don't think that is it. But if a mother's blessing carries any weight, you have mine." She says - a little more seriously but still tender - as she moves forward to tuck her little girl under her chin, for possibly the last time. "Stir things up, Valdis," she huffs, with a light laugh lifting the threads of her daughters mane. "I wouldn't expect anything less."

S
    olace
        we're reeling through an endless fall
    we are the ever-living ghost of what once was

@[Valdis] well this embarrassingly late :|
    Feel free to consider this a closer if that suits her! Sol will probably come visit Sylva sooner or later
    Solghostdoll2

Messages In This Thread
    RE: like the dawn, you broke the dark - valdis - by Solace - 01-03-2019, 04:52 PM