• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  your twisted thoughts like snow on the rooftops

but you’d never get hit without earning it
    and i only hit you first ‘cuz i deserved my own hit too
    still it comes the time to call you out
    since i’m the one that you should be about

The blue of the mare melts into cremello, her ears pinned to make an almost exact replica of Litotes. For a moment he just stares, then shakes his head as they both relax. Her next words are just as perplexing, but most of the fog has cleared from his mind; now, Lie is just exasperated. Riddles are of no consequence to him: let her squabble on about her name written in the leaves. Feeling mildly less feverish certainly helped picking nonsense from sense, but even in a most feverous state her words would have only infuriated him.

His tail slaps against his rump over and over again, irritation hissing with each too-loud snap. “I’m sure you carved your name into each leaf. Have your fuckin’ tree, I’m sure you can’t shift again and fly to another,” he snaps, admittedly more agitated than a reasonable person would be.

The General opens his mouth to tell Novel he is leaving when a wave of nausea shuts his mouth tight. He stares at her for a long moment before leaning against the tree they are both so stupidly adamant on claiming. In the back of his mind, Lie hopes she will knock him out for touching the tree again (at least then he might feel better once her wakes). Instead of continuing to snap, the stallion lays down his sword - only because he thinks he may be here a while.

“Tell me, why is this tree so special? It wouldn’t happen to have healing powers, would it? Because in that case I will have to fight you for it.”

A weak smile is the only sign of jest he offers Novel.

Litotes

@[Novel]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: your twisted thoughts like snow on the rooftops - by litotes - 12-20-2018, 07:59 PM