• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  your twisted thoughts like snow on the rooftops

but you’d never get hit without earning it
    and i only hit you first ‘cuz i deserved my own hit too
    still it comes the time to call you out
    since i’m the one that you should be about

The challenging way Novel peers at Litotes no longer ignites an irrational flame in his chest; instead, he stares back with notably less curiosity. A tired attempt to find humor dangles between the two, but it does not stick. The avian shifter seems to have omniscient eyes, killing any joke he may think of, a thought that the cremello finds he does not mind.

She asks about his anger.

The stallion’s eyes go dark once again, this time more pointed and less wildly plague-induced. He considers the mare with as much of an analytical gaze as he can muster. Somewhere, deep down, is an appropriate answer. Will he offer one? Certainly not.

A sputtering laugh is his initial response, then the bitter words: “Would you take plague-ridden hallucinations of a shitty father as an acceptable response?” Lie does not smile. This feels less and less like a laughing matter to him. He wishes she did not ask, but resigns himself with a broken sigh and a need to change the subject.

“Why do you ask?” his tone sarcastic, smile wry. “I’m perfectly rational.”

Litotes

@[Novel]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: your twisted thoughts like snow on the rooftops - by litotes - 01-15-2019, 12:12 AM