• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    take a bullet to the heart just to keep you safe; jesper
    Aquamarine gaze catches the stallion's smile and, he manages one while keeping his lips closed (so he is still conscious of his pointed teeth). Bronze-tipped ears note the subtle disbelief in the gold-and-white male's tone. Jesper puzzles for a moment before he remembers his first encounter with a talking animal that was not a horse - Merida. She was the first fox, and only other, he had met. He, too, found himself initially baffled by his ability to converse with her. That is until he figured out her trait allowed her to shift from equine to canine. For a moment, the white fox wondered where the red female fox was now. He would love to reunite with her and, show her a proper 'sit'. Maybe on his next venture to the mainlaind. He chuckles, mostly to himself but, soon realizes that the stallion had done the same moments before. Hopefully, the overo would think Jesper is just laughing along with him and not lost in his own thoughts. He might not have actually heard exactly what the joke was but, he did catch the tight-chested cough that shook the overo's body afterwards.

Jesper says nothing until after the equine asks him his name. He smiles, apologetically, this time before opening his maw to reply. "It is a pleasure, Leander. My name is Jesper. I live here on the Isle. I can shift between horse and fox which makes living here a whole lot more comfortable." There. Let's hope he cleared that up! He continues, "I am sorry you aren't feeling well. What brings you to the Isle? If you aren't sticking around; if you return to the mainland, I could ask my grandsire to help. He lives in Nerine." Jesper grows more curious on this steed's intentions. There is little the Isle has to offer. And, why would you venture through and to the most extreme place in Beqanna, when your health is already compromised?
    jesper
    carnage x bethanie
    devin's∇designs

@[Leander]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: take a bullet to the heart just to keep you safe; jesper - by Jesper - 02-07-2019, 02:05 PM