• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

never seen a morning rising brighter; wonder
    Wonder

She is dreaming of her brother, his whispered hiss reaching her dreams as a soft little smile takes shape in the pale of her bone-white lips. They’re playing a game, playing hide and go seek in the wilds of Tephra, in the thick, near-tropic greenery and rivers of molten, gliding red. She is hiding, tucked away in the shadows beneath some trees, her small body having so easily wormed its way through impossibly dense undergrowth.

Woooonder. She laughs, feels a branch brush up against her neck. Wake UP.

She is baffled for an instant, tilting that delicate copper and white head at such a peculiar request just as the world around her melts into peaceful dark and the unmistakable sensation of being headbutted by her brothers nose. She groans, stretches those long white legs, and blinks open a pair of bright eyes the color of warm, green oceans. “I’m up, I’m up,” she murmurs with a yawn, rolling her shoulders so that all the muscles along her spine stretch and sigh.

If not for his insistent nosiness, she would’ve stayed like that awhile longer, basking in the rising light of an early morning sun, enjoying the heat of the sunshine as it crept up her delicate body. But he is relentless in his exuberance and all too soon she is climbing to her feet, stretching out her sore muscles again, and nosing his cheek with a happy little grin. “Did you even sleep at all?” She’s still smiling, talking so softly against his cheek as she follows him on such thin, graceful legs.

She is ignoring the wolves as she always does, finding them to be altogether too nosy and too bossy and not nearly friendly enough. “The volcano?” She repeats with a little gasp of surprise, taking a stumble-step and knocking into his shoulder. She flinches, soft and imperceptible, cursing the strange knots beneath her flawless skin that have begun to always ache these days. Sore muscles or something. “I bet the volcano is nice and warm.” She nods, imagining the balmy steam soaking into her sore little body with a dreamy half-lit grin. “Okay, yeah, let’s go.” Still whispering she slinks off beside him, muffling a little snort of laughter as her nose bumps his shoulder, pinching him softly with her teeth just an instant before she bounds off into a frolicking run.

i am brambles but i am tangled in your love

Messages In This Thread
    RE: never seen a morning rising brighter; wonder - by wonder - 12-16-2018, 08:14 PM