• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Find yourself, then come find me. [Bruise]

There she is, a black raven among white doves. The heat of the sun broils her deep roaned coat, slimmed out for summer. Since finding refuge in Hyaline, her figure had certainly toned. No longer is she the starving sack of bones that Kagerus had rescued all those months ago—she is now developing into a living creature.

The water greets her dried hooves with a soothing cool temperature, her neck lowering to feed the thirst that her dry throat craves. Her wings are tucked neatly to her side, once served as a security blanket but now seemed to be more of a nuisance.

Her eyes settle down stream on a few equines frolicking in the water, young and mischievous. Her stomach flops as she flashes back to when she was that age, more malnourished than ever before with patches of bald skin. There had been no fun, no playing, no socializing.

Surviving. That was all it was.

Her throat tightens, shifting her attention to the stranger across the water. Seeing as the mare—elegant, clean—also lowered her head into the water. Brine feels herself instinctively judging every curve and hair, feeling instantly compared. Females here were so much more.

More as in clean, healthy, polite, kind… Something Brine had never related herself to.

Not until recently, and even then, it felt alien to look at her reflection below.

It isn’t until she hears the light snap of a twig that her attention falls behind her to the shadows of the treeline.

Brine

find yourself, then come find me

@[bruise]

Messages In This Thread
    Find yourself, then come find me. [Bruise] - by Brine - 12-11-2018, 09:37 PM