• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

storm rolled in to our surprise; heartfire / ether

Whether he acknowledged it or not, it was clear his efforts had taken their toll on him. Magic does not come without a price, a fact she knows far too well. And certainly not magic like his. She would not force him to accept her aid, of course, even if she does think it rather foolish he would allow himself to become so voluntarily weak. But she is not his keeper, and she would not try to tell him how to live his life.

He could no doubt find her easily enough if he needed her anyway.

It is a rare thing that she finds herself indebted to anyone, though she would hardly expect him to know such things. Still, that she had allowed such a thing to stand speaks volumes louder than any words might. Had he been anyone else, it’s doubtful she would leave without absolving such a debt. But, though she has faith in very little, she has enough faith in him to let it be. And so when he offers his continued assistance, she merely nods her acceptance.

For a moment longer, she stares at him, blue gaze as unfathomable as the thoughts behind it. Finally, she breaks her eyes away, her body shifting as she moves towards Ether. She pauses only briefly to glance back at Woolf, the faintest of smiles catching at the corners of her lips. “Until next time, Woolf.”

Ether glances uncertainly between the pair of them until Heartfire turns her attention back to him. “Let’s go,” she says softly, a brief vision assailing him along with her words.

He looks briefly at Woolf again, faintly confused. After a moment, he sighs, calls on his shadows to open the portal. Heartfire steps through, and he hesitates, his eyes shifting back to Woolf. “Do you… need to go somewhere?”

i see your sins
    and i want to set them free

We can end it here if you like! I just thought I'd add that last if Woolf wants Ether to take him anywhere.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: storm rolled in to our surprise; heartfire / ether - by Heartfire - 12-28-2018, 01:33 PM