• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

New gods, we are young Volcanoes
    A twisting smirk stretches his lips over jagged teeth, less charming in his reptilian guise. Still, it's funny to him, how similar and how different they are. Valdis looks less like Raul now, mottled blue and white and gold. Maybe a little more like himself, frost touched as they both were now. 

The fire that danced on her skin was undeniable, beautifully illuminating the warmth of her hair and the chill of her skin. Answering tongues of flame lapped at the corners of his mouth as she responded. Twin sparks in a bonfire, he grew ever more certain as she spoke of her sire who sounded so very like his own. But as impressed as he felt in his lizard skin, it wouldn't do for this civil discussion. One clawed foot lifted in supplication, eyes shut with intense focus as he willed against the always-hungry beast within. 

Fire on fire, he breathed sparks into the air for a moment, remembering solid feet and soft hair, how it felt to be a horse. A gasp at the expected pain of change, and then buttermilk hair replaced hard scales. Smaller, more fragile, but able to smile at the glacier girl in front of him warmly. One blue eye, one vivid orange, he dipped his elegant head a moment as he felt the situation build. 

"My brother's name is Raul. A buckskin, like used to be, but not so fiery. My mother is a mare named Sabra. A bit like you in your new colors, actually, but unless you're counting her hair, no fire. My sire is a stallion named Castile. I've only met him a couple times, but he's the one who gave me my dragon blood. A shifter." Anticipation filled his chest at his admission, sensing the truth before it was heard. It had only been him and Raul for so long. Just the two of them, looking out for each other when they had no one else. Could that be changing?

More than anything, he wanted to reach forward to embrace her. Even without a blood connection, he would be her friend. But with that link, his family grew. A family he hadn't known existed. It was a wonderful thing to a boy who'd grown up not knowing what lay beyond the small circle he'd grown up with. 

@[Valdis]

Messages In This Thread
    New gods, we are young Volcanoes - by Santana - 12-13-2018, 05:00 PM
    RE: New gods, we are young Volcanoes - by Valdis - 12-14-2018, 01:59 PM
    RE: New gods, we are young Volcanoes - by Santana - 12-27-2018, 08:12 PM
    RE: New gods, we are young Volcanoes - by Valdis - 12-28-2018, 03:11 PM
    RE: New gods, we are young Volcanoes - by Santana - 12-29-2018, 04:04 PM
    RE: New gods, we are young Volcanoes - by Valdis - 01-02-2019, 11:24 PM