• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

New gods, we are young Volcanoes
    And in the darkened underpass I thought,
    "Oh Satan, my chance has come at last!"

”You’re much easier to speak with like this,” she quips after having waited and watched his body shift and contort until a horse stood in front of her, and not a hulking beast. Although her face reads of nonchalance, Valdis is actually fascinated by the changes his body endures to regulate itself and change into another species entirely. ”Fancy trick,” and it’s with this taste of humor that she finally grins, lopsided and amused. Her fire flickers away, removing her defensive shield as Santana edges closer, eagerly tossing information at her.

There is no time to speak, no opportunity to say his brother is just a name to her. Sabra? No, yet another name without a face in her memory. Valdis is prepared to shrug, to admit that his accusations are in fault, but then he mentions his father, and her brows lift in surprise. Hidden beneath her forelock, the change in her expression is masked for a moment before she inclines her head to reposition her metallic locks. They fall into place, framing the soft edges of her face. ”Bingo.” A flurry of emotions swirls inside her as she mentally places a hand on having family outside of Hyaline. Even more of an outcast, she muses.

Father has another family entirely, as does mother. She and Velk are two of a kind, the only of their blood. Mother and father will not give them anymore full siblings; they’ve since parted and found happiness elsewhere, leaving her and Velk in a world of memories.

Even as a knife twists in her heart, somehow Valdis manages to still smile and bridge together Santana’s ponderings. ”We’re half siblings, then. Both a set of twins,” she supposes dad was rather fertile, ”Castile is my father as well, but my mom is Solace of Hyaline and my twin is Velk.” She was raised as a kingdom princess, but she has since veered off the path of expectation and placed herself in the hands of an unknown fate. Father doesn’t even know where she is, a choice she may one day regret.

VALDIS
    But then a strange fear gripped me and I just couldn't ask.

@[Santana]

Messages In This Thread
    New gods, we are young Volcanoes - by Santana - 12-13-2018, 05:00 PM
    RE: New gods, we are young Volcanoes - by Valdis - 12-14-2018, 01:59 PM
    RE: New gods, we are young Volcanoes - by Santana - 12-27-2018, 08:12 PM
    RE: New gods, we are young Volcanoes - by Valdis - 12-28-2018, 03:11 PM
    RE: New gods, we are young Volcanoes - by Santana - 12-29-2018, 04:04 PM
    RE: New gods, we are young Volcanoes - by Valdis - 01-02-2019, 11:24 PM