• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

New gods, we are young Volcanoes
    And in the darkened underpass I thought,
    "Oh Satan, my chance has come at last!"

It’s painful, he admits, and Valdis stares coolly wondering the extent of it. Much to her dismay, she hasn’t witnessed Castile as a dragon; she hasn’t watched a body rip apart and grow, changing in a way she never before imagined. How is it possible, she wants to ask, but her lips are pursed tightly shut until deciding to offer a small reassurance. ”Maybe it will get easier with time,” of course she wouldn’t know the truthfulness of it, but she hopes for the best because watching his joints and bones pop sends a chill down her spine. ”I don’t have that problem,” and for a fleeting moment, Valdis is envious of her brother and the power he possesses.

A smile spreads across her lips, surprised but relieved toward Santana’s excitement. She wants to mirror him, to jump and flare her wings jubilantly, but her hesitation mars the possibility. Admittedly, Santana says exactly what caused her pause: their mothers. ”I don’t think my mother knows either,” she murmurs somberly, ”but I don’t think she would care, either. She has a lot of other children with Kagerus.” She doesn’t mention two mothers, of her siblings borne between two women. The magic of Beqanna is complicated, and she doesn’t try to fathom it or elaborate.

There’s a knife twisting in her heart when she reminisces how mother looked at father, how her body became rigid beneath his touch. Admittedly, it hurt. It hurts because she doesn’t come from a perfect family with love between her parents. The friction, and father’s absence, burrowed a hole in her heart that can never be filled. It altered how she perceives her world, and it pushed her off the path of expectation.

”Mother is nice,” her tone is nonchalant as a shrug ripples through her shoulders, ”devoted and strong. A good role model,” she loves Solace but her thoughts are on the past, on how father possessed an entirely separate life. How many other siblings does she have? ”What a small world it is. To meet on a quest and later find out we are related!” There is an increased exuberance in her voice as she pieces it all together.

VALDIS
    But then a strange fear gripped me and I just couldn't ask.

@[Santana]

Messages In This Thread
    New gods, we are young Volcanoes - by Santana - 12-13-2018, 05:00 PM
    RE: New gods, we are young Volcanoes - by Valdis - 12-14-2018, 01:59 PM
    RE: New gods, we are young Volcanoes - by Santana - 12-27-2018, 08:12 PM
    RE: New gods, we are young Volcanoes - by Valdis - 12-28-2018, 03:11 PM
    RE: New gods, we are young Volcanoes - by Santana - 12-29-2018, 04:04 PM
    RE: New gods, we are young Volcanoes - by Valdis - 01-02-2019, 11:24 PM