• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  come here, lupine

I was born without this fear

She pulls him close, and he happily crushes himself against her. Though he’d traded the body of the feline for that of the horse, a rumble still vibrates through his chest, echoing the enthusiastic purr of a few moments earlier. In his youthful naivete, he hadn’t noticed the worry. The way her features had faintly echoed her thoughts. He’d been too happy to see her to notice anything else.

Truth be told, he’d never given the man who’d sired him much thought. He had never met him, only understanding his existence as an abstract idea. A faint ghost of man whose only role in his life had been in the creation of it. Perhaps one day, he might wish to know who is father was (perhaps one day, when his skin begins to fade and he looks less and less like his mother). But for now, Momma is all he requires.

Leaning happily into her kisses, he rubs his cheek against her shoulder, basking in the warmth of her presence and her soft, possessive love as she murmurs against his skin. When she asks if she might stay, he straightens, blue-green eyes popping up to hers, bright and glimmering in the darker blue mask of his face. “A few days?” he asks uncertainly, eyes seeking as he studies her blue features.

A frown slowly, almost unconsciously tugs at his lips as he stares at her, before he abruptly shakes his head. “You’re not leaving me here again,” he insists, suddenly determined even as he presses himself harder against her. “I won’t let you.”

But for all his bravery, his chin trembles just a little and he has to blink rapidly a few times. When that doesn’t work, he shifts abruptly, burying his face into the crook of her neck. He’s brave and strong. Really! But sometimes it cracks just a little, and he doesn’t want Momma to see how his eyes water at the thought of being left behind again.

Squeezing his eyes closed, face still hidden against her blue skin, he takes a deep, shakey breath. And another. He latches onto her last suggestion then, and after a moment, without lifting his head from her neck, he whispers into her skin, “Okay.” He takes another breath. “Okay. I wanna see.”

Now only this seems clear

Lupine

Messages In This Thread
    come here, lupine - by Malis - 12-13-2018, 10:27 PM
    RE: come here, lupine - by Lupine - 12-14-2018, 12:28 PM
    RE: come here, lupine - by Malis - 12-16-2018, 08:35 PM
    RE: come here, lupine - by Lupine - 12-31-2018, 03:20 PM