• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

There’s a lesson waiting to be learned; Lie, Loess diplomats

but you’d never get hit without earning it
    and i only hit you first ‘cuz i deserved my own hit too
    still it comes the time to call you out
    since i’m the one that you should be about

It is agreed that Ilma will meet up with Litotes in Hyaline, as Loess borders the steep mountains. Her brilliant white is a welcome sight for the new Primarch is ready to rest his eyes in his nook in Hyaline. He is supposed to find a healer once the diplomacy is over with, though he realized on the trip to the isle that he should have sought one out way before.

No matter, exhaustion does not stop the ever-shifting lands of Beqanna; therefore it must not stop Litotes.

They walk in silence for the most part, a sort of solitude that the cremello relishes. He likes Ilma’s company but is not well-acquainted with her, and is feeling too tired for one’s regular niceties. He keeps his head high as they walk, ears pricked and nostrils flared for any sign of the other’s land inhabitants (though they have yet to cross the border). Kagerus gave Lie little details about past relations with each land - Loess being a land that may be a bit uncomfortable - so he makes sure to keep himself at attention.

A long moment passes before Ilma’s question registers in the stallion’s mind. He turns his guarded attention to her, softening the edges of his eyes to answer: “Kagerus told me a detail or two about their past with Hyaline. I know their leaders, that they are mercenaries, and that they may be wary of us.” The last detail lodges in the pit of his chest and nestles, a strange discomfort he is still adjusting to. Kingdom business fell into Litotes’ lap, or so he feels. Most days he does not think about the bravery it takes to venture into sick lands, or the compassion one must have to offer a protective arm to those that are suffering; no, most days, he thinks he is a child still figuring out even the basic parts of life.

The border is quickly upon them. Ilma calls out to make their presence known. The General waits in silence, relaxed muscles not exposing the anxious excitement within.

Litotes

@[Ilma] & diplomats

Messages In This Thread
    RE: There’s a lesson waiting to be learned; Lie, Loess diplomats - by litotes - 12-20-2018, 01:36 PM