• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  carry me to sleep, my golden boy; abysm
    Clever boy!
    He can tell that he unnerves her; every nuance of her sings it loud enough to see instead of hear, but it is a song he responds to nonetheless. There is a thin undercurrent of excitement that flares up in him as he makes her nervous, causing missteps in her usual graceful social dealings. The mere idea of her acting this way towards him now leaves a taste in his mouth that is flavored with promise and he can feel the pull of dream-power at the back of his mind.

“Plague…?” he inquires vaguely, not really interested in knowing more about it. Abysm wasn’t infected so he hardly cared. Nor was she by the looks of it but he knew his mother would beg the fairies and the gods to spare her lover an ounce of plague or pain if she could. That too, is something he could always capitalize on but he’s never quite been able to do that. Or even considered hurting her lover just to hurt her.

Abysm doesn’t even bother to reflect on why he considers that now. Hurting Solace will achieve nothing in the end. He’s not even sure what the end goal is other than that he has caught her alone, which never happens. Now that, makes him wonder and darkly so. Why has she never allowed herself to be alone with him? Even as a small harmless colt, she was never far from his mother’s side around him - never alone, with him.

Like the secret he was, that both of them wanted him to be.

Just like that, his thoughtful mood evaporates and he indulges in just one more touch of her skin. Enough to unsettle her; to remind her that he is no longer just a boy but a man and that however much of his mother is in him, it isn’t much to stop him from disrespecting their queenly lovers’ bond. He almost defiles it out of sheer dislike for his mother’s haphazard care of him. If he is to be a secret, then he’ll so secret things like stroke the curve of her lover’s shoulder.

Until she tries to discourage him by touching her muzzle to his.

“Not yet,” he pleads, and it sounds so believable though in truth, he’s lying through his teeth. “I never get to spend time with you, mother.” He beseeches her with a boyish look and a smile that is charming but somehow off putting at the same time. Then the dream manipulation begins to suck them into a setting that is the same as where they are - the birch-wood near the shoreline and wispy shapes of recognizably others drift by as he unleashes his power.

“See?” he cajoles. “They’re just over there, not far from us at all.” Then he sidles closer, acting like a chastened colt by making chewing motions with his mouth and clacking his teeth together to appease her. “Everyone is nearby and you couldn’t possibly think I’d hurt you…” and he feeds a believable thread of hurt into his own voice, a fake thing of offense directed at her to make her fall for the lie the dream starts to create around them.

She’s not too deep in the magic yet - -

@[Solace] sorry this is late! let me know if I need to change anything! ❤️
    i would do anything for love,
    but i won’t do that 

Messages In This Thread
    RE: carry me to sleep, my golden boy; abysm - by abysm - 01-19-2019, 03:42 AM