• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I howl to the moon, to the stars; any
    Annapurna

Her blood may call her here, but it is not familiar, it is not home. She has regretted her choice, at times, even as wanderlust gnawed at her stomach; times when she was sweltered until a thick and brutish sun, times when other horses surrounded her, crushing him, more than she’s ever seen in her life.
    She still doesn’t know if she’ll stay – she is more comfortable, now, but she still doesn’t quite fit, a piece of a different puzzle, disquiet.
    He shares his birthplace, or, what he knows of it. She nods, familiar with outskirts herself.
    His next question, though, she is less sure of how to react to. The only place she thinks of returning is to the mountain, but she will not go there, not yet.
    “Not in Beqanna,” she says, which she figures for a reasonable enough answer. She is quiet for a beat longer, not sure how far she wants to venture. Not sure if a place filled with trees is for a woman raised in cold, open spaces.
    But, she came here to experience new things. A change from a white and gasping wasteland.

“I’ll visit,” she says, “though I can make no promises of staying. I have yet to find somewhere that suits my…nature.”
    She doesn’t know the word for it, not really. The word for the agony heat brings her, the desire to curl ice and snow like armor about her skin.
    “We could go now, if you’d like,” she says, willing, for now, to follow.

tell me that girl is not a song of burning

feel free to post in hyaline for her but please tag me (she's annapurna, all lowercase) because i don't check kingdoms as often lol <33

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I howl to the moon, to the stars; any - by annapurna - 12-29-2018, 06:17 PM