• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Suddenly I was a lilac sky; then you decided purple just wasn’t for you | Chryseis
    you were a vision in the morning
    when the light came through,
    i know i've only felt religion
    when i've lied with you
    and i'm still waking every morning
    but it's not with you

Needless to say, she had been avoiding her father. Even though he was there at every turn, anytime she glanced over her shoulder, or even shifted her gaze to the side, but she hadn’t spoken to him. She had, however, obediently stayed within Nerine. It wasn’t usually like her to actually do as she was told, but there was a part of her that was afraid she was pushing her father to the point of hating her. She was able to understand the kelpie situation – she supposes it was stupid, even though she was still convinced that Ivar wasn’t that bad. But, her father had warned her repeatedly to not seek them out on her own, although in her defense she had met the kelpie man completely by accident.

But Rhaegor...that, she couldn’t agree with her father on. Rhaegor had been apart of her life since childhood. He knew her mother, and she knew his mothers. They had just been friends, and even though she had always been utterly enchanted by him, she’d had no way of knowing that their relationship would continue to blossom into what it had. And even once she had realized it, she didn’t want to parade him before her father without being sure of it. He had never given her that chance though; he had condemned him without meeting him, all because of a mark on her shoulder sparked by a heated moment that had begun to slip out of their control.

As if her father was a total saint.

He calls her name, and she purses her lips, steeling herself to whatever he was going to ream her for now. She angles her gold-blazed face towards him, her dark eyes watching him carefully as he walks up to her. His voice doesn’t sound as angry as it had a few days ago, and her own stance softens in response; a mirror of him, usually, feeding off whichever energy he displays, and matching it with her own. She is still cautious, though, her eyes only flickering to his as she asks hesitantly, ”What did I do now? I’ve stayed in Nerine, like you asked.”

chryseis

@[Leilan]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Suddenly I was a lilac sky; then you decided purple just wasn’t for you | Chryseis - by Chryseis - 12-30-2018, 03:41 PM