• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Suddenly I was a lilac sky; then you decided purple just wasn’t for you | Chryseis

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    He’s dreading. Stalling. He could have told her right away but had thought perhaps her drawing her own conclusion was better, but... she just didn’t understand. So naive and innocent? Perhaps. He knows, she knows, something must have happened when she was with Rhaegor however. She wouldn’t have told hime that they “didn’t do anything?” otherwise.

Yet.

It was a matter of time and for that, before that, she had to know what could happen if she laid down with a boy. Her being the girl in that situation, she might make his mistakes indeed - and worst case end up like Noori (though that was unlikely, but still the point was she would be the one bearing the consequences whil he himself had taken nothing with him after being with her mother. And others.)

He grimaces a bit, before forcing himself to get to the point. A lecture it would be then - not something she was used to from him, he’d bet. ”That you did.”

A sigh. A pointed stare. Dark blue. ”You exist because your mother had nightmares and ran away. You exist because I provided her a fake safe place, so that I would feel better. You came from a single night of lust and me exploiting her fears and dropping her like a stone off a cliff just the day after. Thát’s where you came from. And you know what? Had I found another the next day you would have had more siblings than you do now. I did it again and again and again,” three times for three more siblings. ” and I didn’t stop until I came back home to Nerine. That’s what I did. That’s what most boys do, but we walk away without consequences. It’s the girls we leave behind that get pregnant, have babies, and need to raise them. It’s the girls who get the troubles from a one-night-stand, Chryseis. Or even from just breaking up. Until you’re certain about your boyfriend being otherwise, I need you to be more careful. You can’t go repeating my mistakes without consequences.” A huff follows. ”You should never have existed, and neither should half your siblings.”

There. Let her have it.

”So if you must go and be an adult, then just go.”
    And let that be the end of it. Don’t say I didn’t try to warn you. He can’t protect her. Rhaegor can’t either, like he’d told him in not so many words. But if they want to be adults, then he’ll have nothing to do with it.

Detachment was much safer.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Chryseis]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Suddenly I was a lilac sky; then you decided purple just wasn’t for you | Chryseis - by Leilan - 01-11-2019, 12:44 PM