• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  She is something to behold | Rhaegor

Rhaegor

the playboy

In the wake of silence that follows Rhaegor's mental speech (whose volume cannot exceed that of any mind-voice), a plethora of thoughts flow through Leilan's mind. For a moment, the prince ignores them, preferring instead to close his eyes to the fact that he has most likely killed any chance of a relationship with his potential father-in-law. His ears, quivering, flick to the sounds of birds and trees around them, wishing for a moment to be a part of their worlds.

But then, if that wish came true, he would lose Chryseis; so he foregoes the dreamland, and returns to reality. At least, he tries to. Blinking once, a vision suddenly overtakes him, its content being that of Leilan bursting into a dragon and killing him. The vision comes too late to sufficiently warn the buckskin stallion, but luckily, it'd always been veritably hyperbolic. Snorting (the loudest form of exclamation he can muster), Rhae spooks away from Leilan's attack, but not in time. Left upon his shoulder, the bloody marks of sharp teeth glisten in the winter sunlight. The wound stings more painfully than he might have imagined. Heart racing due to adrenaline, Rhae looks angrily to the other; but at Leilan's words, understanding slowly trickles across the young one's face.

Congratulations on joining the family. Turns out you're just like the rest of us.

The tone of Leilan's voice portrays next to no congratulations, and the look he tosses to Rhae communicates the opposite of acceptance, or at least, the very minimum of tolerance. Ignorance, more like; as if he had now decided to abandon the project of his daughter entirely. Ears pressing back, Rhae inhales and shudders, absolutely uncertain as to how to act next; but the final thoughts he hears (she's gonna get herself killed. And she'll drag you down, too) solidifies his countenance.

No, Rhae projects. She won't. Withers trembling, the boy steps forward timidly, extending his nose as if to press it to the other's side; a gesture of peace, of understanding, of hope for better relations later. I'll make sure of it. I promise. Blinking one last time, Rhaegor leans back on his heels and pivots, looking behind him one last time before heading off towards the mountain, a thousand thoughts shooting through his mind.

...my name on your tongue and your tongue on my...

[Image: rhae]

Messages In This Thread
    She is something to behold | Rhaegor - by Leilan - 12-18-2018, 03:57 PM
    RE: She is something to behold | Rhaegor - by Rhaegor - 01-06-2019, 05:11 PM