• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

silk and shadow; rey
    The more pain I began to feel in my foreleg, the less I felt sorry for the little three-legged sneak. I could see how she favored one paw and at the same time, I still didn’t feel an ounce more inclined to just leave. This wasn’t a shifter, it couldn’t even speak aloud much less express itself (aside from animal habits.) Red and her kind were not free in any sense of the word, and so I reasoned that whatever I did to this squirmy, snarling beast, I also did to Daemron.

I hope it hurts him.

I also hope my shoulder hurts when it jerks up to meet the wolf’s open mouth, making an audible crack. That sound alone cleared a bit of rage induced haze, and sent fire shooting up my weak leg. I couldn’t feel the way she’d torn at the base of my neck, not yet, I can’t shake the objective of wanting her dead just now. I see Red and the way she tumbles aside, feel the way I react by teleporting around to face her lunging jaws again - without physically moving my legs.

It occurs to me: I shouldn’t need to use my bad leg if I didn’t want to … I shouldn’t use any of my legs period. So I don’t.

I just snap out of thin air every time she lunges, every time she swipes a paw, and each time I get it right I flicker that much faster, flick flick flick away while her pointy teeth snap hold of nothing. I’m untouchable! Too quick for the likes of Daemron’s prized collie dog. We go at this like sword fighters, until the second I gain advantage and pop her against the skull with my still-functioning forehoof.

Good enough for me I think with a sigh, holding still for a moment to watch the limp body crumble. I’m panting, motionless, and tilting the bed leg at an angle just watching a still body lie. Letting the reality of what I’d done sink in. Something about the awkward angle looked comical, causing me to laugh and then I get terribly, painfully bored. “Enough of this.” I groan, disappearing into the evening and leaving the she-creature for dead or alive.

I wished good luck to anyone who tried following a trail that led nowhere.

@[Lydia]
    Immune to The Plague
    Helped raise Pangea

Messages In This Thread
    silk and shadow; rey - by NPC - 12-19-2018, 03:32 PM
    RE: silk and shadow; rey - by Rey - 12-20-2018, 11:27 AM
    RE: silk and shadow; rey - by NPC - 12-22-2018, 11:52 AM
    RE: silk and shadow; rey - by Rey - 12-28-2018, 08:22 PM