• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [open]  leave me in my winter [ here i am powerful ]

Had it really been the position of the moon on that fateful night? The rigid sphere of icelight suspended in the deep, indigo of the dark, just so? Between 3 stars, bright, burning balls of illuminated, gaseous dust.

It couldn’t be, and yet he still considered it.

Funny he remembered it so clearly, the position and angle of the moon, the placement of the stars. She had left an impression of some sort, and there were times he had considered seeking her out again- getting to know her better. Scholar was not usually so promiscuous, bedding with a stranger, lucky to even remember their name. It wasn’t common practice for the man, he was brought up with manners, morals of the highest sort of respect. Her name stuck easily, he had asked it, Jingle, it was too much of a coincidence.

There he stood, contemplating, chewing the inner pink, of his soft cheek. Easily spotted against the endless expanse of snow, bright red he was such a contrast to the alabaster backdrop, ginger boy.

A family of primarily redheads, touched by fire, cold as ice- he smiled at that, such a simple thought to lead him away from overthinking what was and wasn’t.

Glimmering light caught his eyes, just the peripheral vision of the amber sockets placed near his temples. It was the shine of hair in the sunlight, reflecting even brighter off the crystalline, white snow drifts. Threads of gold woven against the pitch of normalcy that crowned a bay, soot and coal- it is not unheard of here.

“Yes, quite nice, I can’t really feel the cold,” he admitted, turning his rust colored head towards the approacher. “That’s why I’m here I suppose, feels like home, feels normal- whatever that is,” a small chuckle leaves his lips, warm and full of mirth.

“Scholar,” he dips his head, the smallest of nods in greeting, “of Tephra I suppose, we wander a fair bit, my family and I.”

“Have I intruded?” A sudden realization that he may have crossed bounds unintentionally on someones herdland.

Scholar
    my philosophy is that worrying means you suffer twice

@Leilan

Messages In This Thread
    RE: leave me in my winter [ here i am powerful ] - by Scholar - 12-23-2018, 08:44 PM