• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

love from the west; any
    living for the past
    because the future's gone. praying in the dark that you won't go home. i should've said it better, i should've set fire to a letter. but i could run to your apartment, hope i get it started better than before; and i could write it in a poem, pretend i used to know you better than before.
    Eurwen’s innocence is pure and heartfelt. It brings a syrupy type of warmth into Wishbone’s heart, sliding through her vessels and rejuvenating her senses. It is too easy to get swept away in the darkness of the world. She knows the sharp pressure of being pinned beneath the finger of despair and shadow, lost to the swirl of hopelessness and solitude. That dense weight across her back occasionally found her in the silence of her travels. She realized, in those moments of isolation, that she is a creature destined to form relationships and twine with bodies. Eurwen seems to feel similarly, despite the shyness Wishbone sees like a haze across her young face.

Her dark mouth tugs into another sincere smile at the girl’s decision about the northern ocean. Wishbone knows she would’ve already nearly-drowned from the brutality of the weight of the waves and the numbing chill they bring if she were living in Nerine at Eurwen’s age. Despite their similar heights and their equal amounts of innocence upon birth, not all children are the same. “I would love to see the ice-land.” It’s a new place, born from Beqanna’s chaotic struggle to protect itself and its residents.

Wishbone turns to scan the horizon for the foreign land, but it seems to be just past her line of vision. The familiar expanse of Nerine stretches out around them, dotted with hardy foliage and the dark height of the pine-tree forest looming to the west. She is distracted for a frozen moment at the comfort Nerine brings her. Even seeing the northern kingdom soothes the aching in her joints and the breathtaking pangs in her chest.

Eurwen’s acceptance swings Wishbone’s thoughts back to the present. “Thank you, Eurwen. I only want to be respectful to enter Nerine. It’s a polite thing to do as a diplomat.” Her mother’s teachings are swarming through her mind, Wound’s voice pushing against the noises of her own thoughts. Wound, Warrick, and Scorch taught her the politics and responsibilities of kingdom-life unnaturally well, and pieces of that training suddenly found itself in the mahogany’s mouth. “Let’s go on an adventure, shall we?” Wishbone steps easily across the border before making her way deeper into Nerine, relief warming her chest with each beat of her heart.
    credit to eliza of adoxography.

@[Eurwen] / i figured this would be a good place to close it down <3

Messages In This Thread
    love from the west; any - by Wishbone - 12-21-2018, 11:20 PM
    RE: love from the west; any - by Eurwen - 12-27-2018, 10:51 AM
    RE: love from the west; any - by Wishbone - 12-29-2018, 12:13 AM
    RE: love from the west; any - by Eurwen - 12-29-2018, 08:47 AM
    RE: love from the west; any - by Wishbone - 01-04-2019, 11:56 PM
    RE: love from the west; any - by Eurwen - 01-06-2019, 08:08 AM
    RE: love from the west; any - by Wishbone - 01-14-2019, 03:59 PM