• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

anyone;

no one really knows what the ocean hides
    but you and I, bird, we’re gonna find out

”Even more than YOU?!” Her family is brooding, silent. They hunt shrouded in darkness with footsteps that whisper across the forest floor (well, mother does). It’s an implied fact they love each other so there’s no need to frequently say it. Their communication is commonly with gestures and glances so there’s less need to speak. Reia inches closer, her vibrant silver eyes shining as they trace the edges of the girl’s face in fascination. ”You’re not hunters,” she notes as her voice hushes as though to confirm that she, herself, is. Not everyone can be like her or like her parents. There needs to be prey in this world, a food chain. A hierarchy.

Every flinch, every huffed breath, is duly noted. Even as Eurwen moves, Reia observes the muscles coil and extend. What would be the primary target – with the exception of the throat – to take down someone of similar size? Instinctually, she circles with an intense stare still firmly held on the spotted girl. It isn’t in hunger, though some would disagree, but in fact mere scrutiny. They are similar, yet different on so many levels. Reia breathes her in, drawing a deep lungful of air prior to snorting after having sifted through the multitude of scents coating her snippy companion. ”It’s about perspective,” she remarks with a lopsided, childish smile. ”Just as a possum sees a cluster of bugs as a free-food-ground, or a dragon sees horses.” She knows what father is, what genetics course through her veins.

Alas, she doesn’t have the entire capability – only small pieces of the puzzle. It’s enough to associate her and solidify her place in the family.

”Rabbit sounds good! If we can catch one. They’re fast,” as though expecting one to dart on command, Reia swings her gaze away to search the hills for a sign of prey movement. Everything is still. The animals are in their dens as the children play. ”You should try a bite if we find one,” she murmurs as her pretty head turns to look again at the girl, ”if I can bring myself to share.”

and I'll be next to you when the lights go out

Reia

@[Eurwen]

Messages In This Thread
    anyone; - by Reia - 12-28-2018, 10:18 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Eurwen - 01-01-2019, 11:52 AM
    RE: anyone; - by Reia - 01-01-2019, 11:02 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Eurwen - 01-06-2019, 07:48 AM
    RE: anyone; - by Reia - 01-09-2019, 08:35 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Eurwen - 01-12-2019, 05:35 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Reia - 01-25-2019, 01:28 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Eurwen - 01-30-2019, 03:39 AM