• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Calm Will Follow The Storm [Any]
    Jhene is not a naturally suspicious creature. When the cat tilts its head rather than answer she only waits, her dark eyes blinking curiously.

When he suddenly becomes a grey horse instead of a tawny feline, she does let out a quiet huff of surprise. She takes a few steps away - not out of fear, but rather to allow for the much larger amount of space that the horse takes up. The ocelot had not been nearly so large.

Even is she had been suspicious, her own interested would have made her miss anything awry in the young stallion's explanation of his backstory. He asks about castes, and she's happy to explain.

"There's a caste for war and one for peace. Peace is diplomats, the horses that visit other kingdoms, fetch recruits, and greet newcomers. War is the defense and protection of the island. Mock battles, challenging enemies, stealing, and patrolling the borders are their main jobs. I suppose you could do both if you wanted." There aren't all that many of them, after all, and there are few duties to attend to here on the island.

There is a sudden pang of pain, and Jhene frowns. Was that...yes. A contraction.

"I'm sorry, but I'm not feeling well all of a sudden. Why don't you explore the island for a while and I'll come find you in a bit? If you come across anyone, just tell them that Jhene invited you." She gives him a smile, and turns away, knowing what is coming.

ooc: so i'm killing of jhene but i didn't want to leave this thread hanging <3
    @[Lothar]

Messages In This Thread
    Calm Will Follow The Storm [Any] - by Lothar - 12-29-2018, 09:18 PM
    RE: Calm Will Follow The Storm [Any] - by Jhene - 12-31-2018, 03:02 PM
    RE: Calm Will Follow The Storm [Any] - by Lothar - 01-01-2019, 08:22 PM
    RE: Calm Will Follow The Storm [Any] - by Jhene - 01-06-2019, 07:33 PM
    RE: Calm Will Follow The Storm [Any] - by Lothar - 01-10-2019, 09:25 PM
    RE: Calm Will Follow The Storm [Any] - by Jhene - 01-17-2019, 09:02 PM