• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Elysteria, Any; [Holiday Party]
    Ruan

it's not by bone but yet by blade
    can break the magic that the devil made

"I do have children," she answered him, her voice shadowed with sadness. "But they all grew up a very long time ago."

He nodded his understanding. "Mine as well." His eyes drifted outward, falling into a long-earned habit of watchfulness as he studied all the happenings nearby. "I have two," he added, but then gave a wry smile. "And many more. I tend to bring them home when I find them left alone." Although, he'd only adopted when he'd had a family to welcome them into. His smile faded and he fell quiet.

The only one he'd adopted outside of his marriage was Polaris. And now Rian, a little accidentally but not unwelcome.

"I haven't in a long while," he admitted, his voice dropping. "It was easier with my wife. Having a family for them." He shrugged, glancing at her then away again. "It doesn't feel right anymore." As a single father and caregiver of the Taigans, he doesn't have time to offer another child. He loved them, but it wouldn't be fair for them. It wouldn't be enough. They deserved better.

He shifted his weight a little, worried that he may have overstepped. She had a boy with her after all, and he hadn't meant that it was wrong to adopt. Just that it was not so simple for him anymore. "Better that they have a mother," he clarified, clearing his voice. And they wouldn't with him.

and it's not by fire but what's forged in flame
    can drown the sorrows of a huntsman's pain

Messages In This Thread
    Elysteria, Any; [Holiday Party] - by Ruan - 12-30-2018, 01:42 PM
    RE: Elysteria, Any; - by Elysteria - 01-05-2019, 07:00 PM
    RE: Elysteria, Any; [Holiday Party] - by Ruan - 01-19-2019, 08:40 PM