• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The Family I Always Wanted [Wander]
    She considers him calmly; trying to figure out which one he was in the long rite of half-siblings her - their - father has told her about. He must be the green mare’s son, knowing about her father’s attempt to sustain a herd in the time before Exist came along. Her mother changed everything about the bay stallion, and held no grudges against him for his former dalliances. 

But this boy doesn’t look old enough to be from before Exist’s time in their father’s life and she worries at her lip over that thought. Wander just cannot imagine that Mandan has been unfaithful until she figures out that he’s older than Auric, which means he comes after the twins but before the current crop of Auric, herself, and her mother’s swelling belly.

“Yes,” she answers gently, even though she can see it in his eyes that he knows exactly who she is talking about. For a moment, she wonders if her horns will be as spirally and sharp and long as his are. Maybe one day, when she’s less awkward knees and wobbly legs and all grow up. She leans in close for a sniff, the kind that can easily commit his scent to memory for future identification.

Not that she could ever forget him now. Addax horns tend to stand out. So does hair as green as the leaves on the trees in springtime. She cannot help staring, especially when her eyes find the scar on his neck and a lump rises in her throat - she knew of their sister, the one that preferred her bear shape over her original form. Well, father said it might not be so simple as preference and more like a hard-to-escape-from curse.

“Did sister give that to you?” she has to stretch her neck a little after taking enough steps to bring her close enough to trace part of the long scar with her lips. Wander plants a little kiss upon the scarred brown skin before stepping back to look at him again. “I’m Wander and he’s around.” she adds with a chuckle, not knowing that father hadn’t been, well, a father to Clayton.

“Haven’t you seen him?” she might be new in the sense of age - not very old - but she had the sneaking suspicion that this older brother might not exactly have known a father’s love and affection, and that ignited a teensy hot fire inside her that became a raging ball of anger and injustice directed towards their father. 

@[Clayton] ok so everyone would know Keeper, mostly in her bear form but she’s like the family historian lol

Messages In This Thread
    The Family I Always Wanted [Wander] - by Clayton - 12-30-2018, 05:58 PM
    RE: The Family I Always Wanted [Wander] - by wander - 12-31-2018, 08:54 AM