• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i know i've only felt religion when i've lied with you, ivar/anyone
    you were a vision in the morning
    when the light came through,
    i know i've only felt religion
    when i've lied with you
    and i'm still waking every morning
    but it's not with you

She can’t explain the strange pull she has to go to Ischia. It had been nagging at the back of her mind ever since that day at the River, when she had met the ever so intriguing kelpie-man, Ivar. The mark he had left on her shoulder had long since healed over, but of course not before her father had seen it. The endless amounts of lectures that had ensued had done little to sway her opinion. At first she had tried argue, even though her father was convinced Ivar had wanted nothing more than to wait for her to be old enough to be a “kelpie broodmare”, as he called it. Whether or not Chryseis was truly aware of the dangers that the sea-creatures could possess, it didn’t matter anymore.

She was here out of spite.

When her hooves find purchase on the sandy shores of Ischia, her blue roan coat dark and saturated with the water that drips from her, she feels a thrill of rebellion course through her. Sneaking off to see Rhaegor was different – that was expected. Her father hated the winged Prince, for absolutely no reason, but coming to Ischia was the ultimate act of defiance, because she was pretty sure he hated Ivar more. Or all kelpies, she’s not really sure.

It is noticeably warmer here, and she stops for a moment, taking it all in. To be honest, it was stunning. She had seen so much of Beqanna, but nothing quite like this, with the golden sands and the verdant plants, and the turquoise water that stretched behind her. The air was warm and fragrant – floral, mixed with the sea. She begins to walk forward, her hooves sinking in the sand, swiveling her gold-blazed face around as she tries to take it all in. Her eyes, wide with wonder, are only partially searching for the familiar kelpie stallion, so entranced by the tropical island, and wondering why she had stayed away for so long.

chryseis

@[Ivar]

Messages In This Thread
    i know i've only felt religion when i've lied with you, ivar/anyone - by Chryseis - 12-31-2018, 12:16 AM