• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    don't know what I'm supposed to do; chaol
    He doesn’t take that flinch personally. He understands. He knows.

Nor does he worry about what she is trying to hide from him when her face turns away. He can be patient and persistent when he needed to be.

But never did he think she was weak or a failure or less than she was. Because in his world, she was an absolute warrior queen, even now, even when she felt like she was adrift in an endless ocean. He would never think she was less. Never.

She protests and he can only sigh. “I wouldn’t do it anyways Lily. Not even as much as I want to.” Some of the rage slips out on the sigh that he blows past his lips. “I wouldn’t do that to your daughters or to you.” He presses his lips against her cheek when she tries to look away. When she doesn’t quite meet his eyes. “You don’t have to hide from me.”

He says the words softly, soft rushes of warm air along her cheek.

“It’s there. It seems gone right now because you’ve been betrayed by the one man who was supposed to love you beyond everything.” The fires burn hotter in his belly, his anger needed an outlet but it would have to simmer for now. He presses soft touches everywhere he can reach, calming even if he was not calm. Showing her that without a doubt she was more. She would be more. “But it’s there. You are going to have to dig a little to find it again sweet girl.”

And he would be there for her, every damn step of the way. “You don’t have to do it today. You just sit here with me and let me fuss okay?” A small smile curls his lips, slightly strained around the edges, but it was a smile.

@[leliana]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: don't know what I'm supposed to do; chaol - by Chaol - 01-03-2019, 09:13 PM