• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i don't like to talk if i'm not being heard
    you were a vision in the morning
    when the light came through,
    i know i've only felt religion
    when i've lied with you
    and i'm still waking every morning
    but it's not with you

Her eyes linger on the gold that graces the other girl, and if she is suspicious, she doesn’t let it show. After first meeting all of her half-siblings, it wouldn’t surprise her if there were more she didn’t know about. Her father had also more or less said that he lacked self-control at one point and had had multiple sexual partners with little to no intention of following up afterward, so it was likely he had more children he wasn’t aware of either. However, gold also was not limited to simply her family; this girl could have been anyone. But as soon as she mentions Nerine, her curiosity is piqued further. Her eyes flash suddenly to her face, and she was studying her a little more closely, though she tried to be discreet – which, granted, has never been Chryseis’ strong suit There was a part of her that missed Nerine, but mainly, she was confused on how she had lived there for over a year and never seen this girl before. And she was accented with gold.

”I used to live in Nerine,” she offers lightly, a mildly amused simper edging across her black lips when she says, ”Tephra is also where I ended up when I left there.” Of course, it hadn’t really been by accident; how could she possibly end up anywhere else, besides directly next to Rhaegor? But much like Nerine, Tephra didn’t really feel like home; nowhere ever did. Perhaps she did inherit some of her mother’s wayward soul, in that sense. Tephra was beautiful, but so were Hyaline, and Nerine, and even Ischia although she hadn’t actually lived there. Rhaegor was the closest thing she’d ever had to a home.

She asks if she can come into Tephra, and her smile lights into a laugh, as she steps aside in a gesture of allowing her to pass. ”I mean, I don’t see why not? I just walked in and Magnus didn’t kick me out.” The blue roan mare turns, then, taking a few steps in the direction of Tephra’s volcano, before tipping her gold-blazed face back to make sure she was following. ”So,” she begins a little hesitantly, but unable to set aside a lingering question, she finally asks, ”Why do you feel like you need a break from Nerine?”

chryseis

@[naia]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i don't like to talk if i'm not being heard - by Chryseis - 02-05-2019, 01:19 AM