• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

from crib to coffin - open

although this world is made of fearsome beasts that bark and bite
    we were born to put these creatures through one hell of a fight

She is a moon flower, and his hold on her is tender, gentle. He doesn’t crush her between his palms but does his best to shield her from the battering winds of the outside world, a surge of protectiveness rising in his chest at her admission that she doesn’t want to feel lonely. Something like a shadow passes through his gold-flecked eyes, his scarred mouth somber. “I’ve done a lot to not feel lonely,” he confesses, his voice steady but quiet, pressing the secret to her. “I would very much like to help you.”

But his attention is diverted when the other mare arrives.

She has the distinct scent of a native Beqannian, and holds herself like one, even if there is something almost timid about her expression. “Hello, Noah,” he says, his ashen voice still quiet, as worried that anything too loud may startle or bruise either of them. His attention returns back to Lunabelle and he studies her for a moment, a breath of time, before he picks up the thread of conversation again.

“Belle, would you like to hear about some of the homes available to you? I come from Tephra, a kingdom not terribly far from here. I would love to tell you more about it, if you wanted to know.” He inclines his head to Noah. “I am sure that Noah has another home that she would love to tell you about, as well.”

Another pause, that same familiar heartbeat of protectiveness.

“And I would be happy to tell you about some of the other lands in Beqanna should you want to know more about them. I can even take you to them if you prefer to see them in person.”

It wasn’t the first time he had made the offer, and it wouldn’t be the last. While he always hoped that they would choose Tephra, that they would love Tephra as he does, he knew it wasn’t for everyone—and if he could help them find a home, regardless of where it was, then it would be a good day indeed.

magnus

@[Noah] @[Lunabelle]
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    from crib to coffin - open - by Lunabelle - 01-02-2019, 09:53 PM
    RE: from crib to coffin - open - by magnus - 01-02-2019, 11:14 PM
    RE: from crib to coffin - open - by Lunabelle - 01-03-2019, 01:35 AM
    RE: from crib to coffin - open - by magnus - 01-05-2019, 12:11 AM
    RE: from crib to coffin - open - by Noah - 01-06-2019, 11:37 PM
    RE: from crib to coffin - open - by Lunabelle - 01-14-2019, 10:59 AM
    RE: from crib to coffin - open - by magnus - 01-16-2019, 01:37 AM
    RE: from crib to coffin - open - by Noah - 01-18-2019, 09:11 PM