• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  some people have fancy quotes; Pyxis

she'll lie and steal and cheat and beg you from her knees
    make you thinks she means it this time

It’s been a long time since someone has said her mother’s name aloud.

It causes a nearly visceral reaction, a shudder that races up her spine, that causes her mouth to go slightly dry. She just nods as she studies the wings that transform into something copper and a form that she has seen her mother wear so often—although especially when angry. Her features cloud with a frown, with a recognition that strikes deep into her core. “Oksana,” she repeats the name and thinks of her soft-eyed mother with that wild love of her father, with that all-encompassing need that engulfed them both.

So Pyxis had more siblings now.

“It would seem that you’re my little sister then.”

She closes her icy eyes for a moment and takes a deep breath, trying to steady herself and gain some level of control over herself. When she finally opens them again, her features are softer, and that wildfire of emotions has been locked away deep in her chest. She will deal with it some other time. Later.

“I’m sure she will be here soon,” she lies, because it has been years since she has seen her mother. She doesn’t begrudge her mother her happiness, but she cannot stop the bitterness she feels to her father. These are not things she shares with the little girl before her now. Instead she just sighs and beckons her forth. “You can live with us for now. I have children. I am sure they would like to have more friends.”

she'll tear a hole in you, the one you can't repair
    but I still love her, I don't really care

@[Elkhazel]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: some people have fancy quotes; Pyxis - by pyxis - 01-12-2019, 06:13 PM