• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

we're all living in a devil town -- ᴀɴʏ
    lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me, do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?

She cannot get so easily inside of him, and he is the first. She is at once both frustrated and fascinated. Being so young, she has not yet come across anyone with what they call magic — real, all encompassing magic. Everyone that she has encountered has been weak, never even knowing as she deftly combs through their minds, picking and choosing what she pleases. It was a habit, now, to look inside everyone she met. She was a little vain, and she always liked that the first thing many noticed were the glowing constellations arranged so perfectly on her sides.

But when she moved to look at his mind, it was as though a door was immediately slammed in her face. The look that flashes in her dark blue eyes is almost accusatory, her lips tightening as her eyes narrow. There is an artful tilt of her head, his words, in conjunction with being shut out, causing her blood to momentarily flush hot. ”You could call it a favorite pastime, I suppose,” and though the words are softly spoken there is an edge hiding in the lilt of them, but her smile never falters.

She is watching him, now, with an entirely new curiosity. He seems only mildly interested in her, but that does not deter her. He wouldn’t be the first. She was often far more entertained than whoever she was speaking with, although in this case, the tables have been turned on her. His question rearranges her focus, but she realizes that Loess and Vulgaris are far from her mind now. ”I have a side project I’ve been working on,” she says a little hastily, and quickly she returns the topic back to what is truly pressing for her. ”I’m more curious about you, however.” And she steps towards him again, her cobalt-blue eyes alight and nearly smoldering with their intense interest. ”How did you do that? You pushed me out.” She offers him no explanation, knowing that he wouldn’t need it.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: we're all living in a devil town -- ᴀɴʏ - by Starsin - 01-28-2019, 02:22 AM