• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  breaking like the waves down on the coastline; ember
    "Wait!"

She freezes, her claw-tipped wings still arching high over her back and her front right hoof hovering over the milky white sand below the surface. It's a tense moment—her heart clenches tight in her chest, a sense of panic comes rattling up out of nowhere and she wants to run; wolves, blood, death. Fire. The dragonskinned fully shivers despite the warm water and slowly turns to face the direction the voice came from.

Much to her surprise, there doesn't seem to be anyone there.

"Hello?" Ember says gently, carefully scanning the water with her ruby red eyes—that's when she spots the creature. Its head, decidedly female, bobs above the surface and the black roan sniffs at the air curiously. "What are you doing over there?"

She turns, wading slightly back into the water. "Are you scared? Yah don't gotta be, y'know." Ember grins, wide at first, but then she remembers she has a mouth full of sharp teeth—unlike a lot of other horses she's seen—and bearing them at strangers is highly frowned upon. "Despite what it looks like, I don't bite! I promise!" Well, she doesn't bite without reason but this other girl, for whatever reason, does not seem like she's come looking for a fight. If anything, she looks the way Ember feels. Utterly scared out of her mind.

"I came here lookin' for my mama, how about you?"

Messages In This Thread
    RE: breaking like the waves down on the coastline; ember - by Ember - 01-05-2019, 05:24 PM