• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Desolation comes upon the sky // Naia

it's a guarantee that he won't forget me.
    my body little, my soul heavy.

Why the fuck did I not just turn around? No one cares that much. Seriously, Naia, absolutely no one cares that much about you not greeting them. It would have been the lowest tier of rude.

Am I just a fucking masochist?
    What the fuck is wrong with me?

Countless thoughts race across her mind, over and over again, all screaming the same exact ideas. Tornadoes of bad ideas bring miles of destruction, rendering any ability to form a coherent thought totally useless. Naia’s mind seems to only be a wasteland: where there was once cold naivety there is raw, hidden, festering vulnerability. She shies from its stink, piling flowers that eventually fill her brain with the too-sweet headiness of wilting.

It all rots. All of it. In the end -
    we all rot.

Her grandmother is quick with her assumptions, a quality the two have already found in common. Air rings in Naia’s ears when she rears her head, both paused halfway to the flat of her neck. Their gazes are a matched fierceness, neon green to glowing brown. The appaloosa rises to the challenge, drilling her new family with equal boldness.

Then suddenly - she laughs.

It starts soft, lips pressed together to suppress the noise, so it is tinkling and low in the back of her throat. Within seconds, though, Naia cannot contain her mirth: she is laughing loudly, previously bold eyes closed to lessen the madness of her spread mouth. The bald woman is shameless in her words, possessing a countenance the appaloosa admires. That thought sobers her. The cackle fades slowly, replaced with glittering eyes and a bitter smirk.

“I’m not sure Breckin even knows who I am yet,” is her first snipe, punctuated by a flighty glance just beyond Scorch. “As for Leilan, he hasn’t gotten the chance to teach me anything.” She does not drag her gaze back to her grandmother’s, instead opting to pass a glazed look into the blurred trees.

A much less crazed chuckle floats lazily from between her lips: “I will say, you are well met. I like you more than my own father, I think.”

Naia

@[Scorch]

Messages In This Thread
    Desolation comes upon the sky // Naia - by Scorch - 01-06-2019, 03:36 PM
    RE: Desolation comes upon the sky // Naia - by naia - 02-03-2019, 11:28 PM