• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

haunted by the ghost of you; abysm
    He does not like this world overly much.
    Too much heartbreak and disappointment; both th milk of things he’s long since ceased to suckle from. But the damage is done - the boy can be taken out of the black ether of nothingness, but it cannot be taken out of him. It swallows him whole, endlessly so.

Abysm would rather keep to his dreams; to that dark precipice of otherness that he perched on. To the memory of dark eyes and skin that is mixed navy and snow. The dreams he made for himself were so much better than this. Her kiss, her skin, her potent gaze - he could dream themself to him each time, hour after hour, know that he knew who he dreamt of after so long of not knowing. The dreaming had kept it from him initially but no more.

Yet he finds himself here anyway, and not in those times of his own design.

So he picks his way amongst horse and river-rock. Wandering it seems like, without end until the familiar swirls of brown and red coalesce into a familiar sight and her name breaks free of his lips in a murmur, “Leliana.” He can taste her sorrow, feel it in the cold river-water that runs around their lower legs as he nears her. She has never had quite so tragic a flavor as she does now, though he can only taste it in the edges of her dreams.

“I can make it stop for a little while,” he offers, part coy and half genuine because he knows, it is only temporary - only just a dream. He touches her cheek, and his power warps the sensation to one of relief and respite as it sends warmth to spread through her. It is gone the moment he removes his lips from her skin, giving her just the briefest taste of something beyond her grasp that dances like shadows just before the light. “Close your eyes and come with me,” he beseeches her as a strange most starts to rise up from the river.

@[leliana] He’s like a weird Aladdin offering her a magic carpet ride lol
    i would do anything for love,
    but i won’t do that 

Messages In This Thread
    haunted by the ghost of you; abysm - by leliana - 01-06-2019, 06:48 PM
    RE: haunted by the ghost of you; abysm - by abysm - 01-19-2019, 04:30 AM
    RE: haunted by the ghost of you; abysm - by abysm - 04-01-2019, 11:15 PM