• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The Hunter's Prayer. Lilitha;
    Lilitha listened carefully, sky blue eyes focused on Ruan as he spoke of the past, told her far more about the way the past leaders had run Taiga than she’d ever had a chance to learn before. All she’d had was brief comments from Romek, and the little she’d observed of him before the fairies had banished her from Taiga as a child. Most of what Ruan had to say was news to her, and she took a moment to consider it all before responding.

“I’m not much of an alpha,” she replied with a hint of a smile. “I don’t think there’s much wolf in me, though the sentiment of a pack is lovely in its own right. Tight-knit bonds, fierce loyalty, strength. I've never really experienced that kind of closeness, but it sounds beautiful. Still, I don't know that it feels right in my chest, or in my gut. And I’ve never wanted to be anyone’s queen. Servant with a loud voice, though, that I like. I suppose I’d rather considered myself more of a guardian of the forest than anyone’s leader, and the thought of the kind of power implied by any of those other terms leaves me uncomfortable. I don’t have any interest in ruling anyone. I just want to keep this place safe. Or as safe as is possible in the face of the contagion.”

She tilted her head, considering. “I’m not looking to shape Taiga into my own vision of what she should be. I just want to raise my girl in a safe place, and for all the pain and devastation it’s seen, for all the wrath rained down on us by fairies and dark gods alike, Taiga is still home. I don’t really know what I’m doing, though, other than keeping her free from any who would oppress or subdue her, or try and twist her into something dark. Everyone else seems bent on making alliances and talking politics, and I don’t understand any of that at all.”

Messages In This Thread
    The Hunter's Prayer. Lilitha; - by Ruan - 01-06-2019, 10:03 PM
    RE: The Hunter's Prayer. Lilitha; - by Lilitha - 01-23-2019, 01:51 PM
    RE: The Hunter's Prayer. Lilitha; - by Ruan - 01-29-2019, 08:02 PM
    RE: The Hunter's Prayer. Lilitha; - by Lilitha - 02-01-2019, 03:27 AM
    RE: The Hunter's Prayer. Lilitha; - by Ruan - 02-02-2019, 08:59 PM
    RE: The Hunter's Prayer. Lilitha; - by Lilitha - 02-15-2019, 06:32 AM