• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  it's gonna be a long night [litotes, any]
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    The conversation continues, in which Lie asks the same question again, wanting to meet the highest of authority. This time however, the scaled roan stallion isn't the one answering, leaving such to Heartfire. He lets himself become rather abundant as other people talk and even Eurwen manages a question in her small girly voice. She gets a small, slightly proud smile before he focuses back on the others, though he isn't sure that his daughter even saw it, focused as she was on Dawn (who, if he estimates correctly, might just be seen as some kind of role model).

He stays a little while, but hearing Heartfire question about the East and then Eurwen about the other lands, he doesn't think he'll acquire any new information by lingering here, nor can he give much more than what he already told Litotes. "If you'll excuse me. I'm sure Heartfire is a much better source of information on Nerine than I am."

Those in Nerine know that that is in fact not true, but he can't help but wonder if Breckin is quite alright and if she knows people are asking - in which case he better go find her. Surely Heartfire doesn't need him to say that aloud though, and so he bids his farewell quickly. "It's been nice talking to you Litotes, and Dawn too. Give my regards to your queens when you return."
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: it's gonna be a long night [litotes, any] - by Leilan - 01-30-2019, 11:43 AM